Panbai International College provides a broad, consistent curriculum structure using the Cambridge AS (A1) & A(A2) Level (Grade 11 & 12 ).The General Certificate of Education Advance Subsidiary or AS and Advance Level or A Level is the “Gold standard “of CAIE Qualification .It is accepted as an entry qualifications by many Universities of the European Union ,U.K, USA and India .It is designed for the students aged 16 to 19 years .
At Panbai our prime aim is to ensure that each student achieves “Academic Excellence”. Our teachers adopt a variety of teaching methods and styles to motivate and engage the students thereby reaching the best of each student’s academic ability.
The curriculum includes academic and vocational subjects in order to broaden the knowledge of our youngsters. Physical Education (PE) is compulsory for all.
We are one of the very few schools that offer vocational subjects as well. These very popular subjects include: P.E and Art & Design.
Cambridge International AS & A Level develops learners’ knowledge, understanding and skills in:
– In-depth subject content
– Independent thinking
– Applying knowledge and understanding to new as well as familiar situations
– Handling and evaluating different types of information source
– Thinking logically and presenting ordered and coherent arguments
– Making judgment’s, recommendations and decisions
– Presenting reasoned explanations, understanding implications and communicating them logically and clearly
– Working and communicating in English.
Cambridge International A Level is typically a two-year course, and Cambridge International AS Level is typically one year. Some subjects can be started as a Cambridge International AS Level and extended to a Cambridge International A Level.
4) MATHEMATICS / BIOLOGY
COMMERCE / ARTS
2) BUSINESS STUDIES
3) ACCOUNTING / ART & DESIGN
4) MATHEMATICS / ECONOMICS / IT / PSYCHOLOGY
OBJECTIVES FOR A CAMBRIDGE LEARNER
Cambridge programmes and qualifications develop not only content but also skills. We help learners to bridge the gap to the next stage of education and the world of work. We encourage Cambridge learners to be:
• Confident in working with information and ideas – their own and those of others
• Responsible for themselves, responsive to and respectful of others
• Reflective as learners, developing their ability to learn
• Innovative and equipped for new and future challenges
• engaged intellectually and socially ready to make a difference.
Objectives to be achieved through AS LEVEL curriculum are based on Sir Benjamin Blooms taxonomy on level of critical thinking
AO1 Knowledge with understanding
AO2 Handling information and solving problems
AO3 Experimental skills and investigations
These objectives are designed to create a global citizen